Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Father's Day

I have seen on tv particularly in HYY where actor John Estrada and his children exchanging sweet & special messages to each other. So touching to hear from them. With that, I got to relate their family situation and thought about my father then for this special day. That certain episode caught me and my conscience.

Honestly, Father's day for me is just an ordinary day and nothing special though. Well of course, I knew that Fathers are really important into our lives 'coz without them we wouldn't be existing in this rocky world. But, i feel this way 'coz our situation is abnormal. How nice it is to observe from others celebrating this special moment with their Father. Actually, there were times when I thought about how it would be like for me if I have a Father who's really with us. Uhh-uh how I wish he should be that cool and responsible Dad! :D

I used to live with a single parent, who is only my Mom. I have older brother also. Yeah my Father is still existing actually. He has his other family and he's living with them. I have half brothers and sisters. I don't have communication with my Father but hear updates about him from my relatives on his side. My grandparents and relatives on my father side recognize us as a family as well. We're good also. We live in the same province and place yet, its as if we're so far from each other. In fact, I am closed to my half elder sister. We're good and we treated each other as really siblings. If I'm going to tell or share a story about how my family situation started, it would be so confusing and that chaotic. Even I myself still have unanswered questions and don't have enough guts yet to ask deeper from my Mother. Because, it's like she got pissed with my father and his immorality. That's how I noticed from my mother so maybe some other time when everything is in the right time. :D Well, it's not a big deal for me though, I've accepted our situation and I've never regretted much for the absence of our Father. We're used to it since birth. Eventually, my mom supported us all the way and acted as a Father as well for me and my brother.

Anyway, going back... during Father's day I supposed not to greet my Father actually (so bad). Yet I was disturbed with my conscience so I sent a message to greet him. Of course, I still have some respect to him as a Father and whatever happened & what is happening He is still my Father. Before the day ended, I texted my half sister to greet father for me. Better that my sister replied with father's number and said to me to text Father rather. So, I texted him to his number and never received a response even until now. Well, I wasn't expecting too much from him but just only a reply of saying, Thank you would be enough. That was my first text to him after quite a long time with no communication, he should have given me as his daughter a little importance for my effort and by remembering him. With that, I've never felt his presence as a Father then and I got disappointed. Even until now whenever I think about it, I still feel disappointed on him. However, I didn't put more emotion into it or add up my hatred towards him. Life must go on! hehe. We're happily living and contended with our lives without him.

Atleast, I've had the effort to reach out for him on that day. :)

No comments: